Monday, May 17, 2010

I go back....

I didn't take a picture today, but hopefully I can paint a mental one for you. 
(Sorry, I am feeling very sentimental)
After a long day of listening to the rain on the windows, I decided I should probably get up and move around a bit.  I was headed to Danielle's house when I passed several places that took me back to the summer after my Senior year of high school.  This was the best summer of my life.  I don't think there was a single night that I didn't spend with an amazing group of friends that I graduated with, went to youth group with, or hung out with after one80.  I spent so much time with friends that I love and miss terribly.  From sitting around the fire and star gazing at Jenna's and Jes's, to Bible studies, worshiping, and praying all night at any of the three Jones' homes, I loved every second of it.  I really miss these moments.  They were all so precious to me and I'm so thankful for the times that the Lord has blessed me with and the people that he has placed in my life. I'm thankful for the parents that opened their homes to all of us.  I always felt welcomed and I was surprised that they never cared that so many of us hung out in to the wee hours of the night( I'm not talking like 5-6 people here, there were A LOT of us!)  I'm thankful for those that poured into me and encourage me in my walk with Christ. I grew so much in my spiritual walk this particular summer.
I am also very thankful that I could be a part of good clean fun.  At these specific homes, I knew I didn't have to worry about alcohol being present. I know it kind of sounds silly as I write it, but that is something that meant a lot to me.  I'm thankful that I had friends who respected me for what I believed in and never pressured me into doing things that went against it.  I'm thankful for those that respected me enough to be careful of which way the conversation went and the words they used.  And I know that many of them probably don't even remember it, or realize how much of a difference they made.  But they did.  And I thank them.
I was really struggling to write this because I want you all to know just how much these moments in my life meant to me. And I know these words can't begin to describe what my heart really feels.  Every conversation we had under the stars, and every song that was sung around the fire has helped shape my life.  I miss these moments so much.  I wish that we could all just come back to these places and that things could be how they use to be.  Four years later I have graduated again.  This time, from college. I have new friends and a lot more memories, but sometimes I just can't help but go back to those old memories of how things use to be. 


1 comment:

Rachel Joy said...

I understand Rach, I kinda felt the same way today after hanging out with my friends here. I just wish things could go back to the way they used to be. At least we have those times to look back on.
I love you so much Rach, and I am sorry for the times in the past when I did not always respect your standards esp. when it came to conversation.
Sorry its kinda dumb Im doing this on here, but hey! might as well.
I look forward to deepening our friendship and to see where the Lord takes us. All the way to the day when we are married and looking back on these times when we wanted it so bad. ***I hope our husbands are friend***
K that is all
love You!!!

Swidget 1.0 2

Listen to Refreshing


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones