Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Why I hate technology.

Those of you who know me at all, are aware of the fact that I strongly dislike technology.  I use it to fit into the world and, I admit, it is convenient at times.  Although convenient, it is not neccessary. I think people depend on various forms of technology way too much.  Perfect example:
Yesterday at work(I'm working at a doctors office) the computer system went out.  This meant that no one could make an appointment and no charts could be found for the people that were there.  It was just one giant mess! And today, when the guy tried to fix the computers, the phone lines went out and may not be fixed until thursday.  This means no one can call in, no one can call out, and offices can't page each other.
I won't ramble on, but we've all become way too accustomed to the leisures and benefits of having technology.  We rely on it way too much.  That's all I'm saying. A "minor" problem with the phone system shouldn't cause an entire office to go into hysterics.

1 comment:

lauren.nicole said...

You my dear, make me laugh. I on the other hand, truly love technology. It is what allows me to stay connected to my very best friends while we are apart for the summer. I hope this sheds some light on the other side of this battle :) love you dearly!
lauren.

Swidget 1.0 2

Listen to Refreshing


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones