Saturday, June 5, 2010

Long week!

Parties
It has been a busy couple of days, folks.  We've been getting things ready for Anna's graduation party, which turned out really well.  I loved seeing everyone! :)   I made strawberry salsa, it's like the only thing I'm good at. Lol. But it was a hit at her party, so that's good I guess.  I cannot wait to learn how to cook in my kitchen in my apartment!
Last night Anna kicked me out of her party when all her friends got there, so I went my friend's house and got to hang out with way cooler people. :) I had a great time catching up with all of them and playing EUCHRE! I miss this game and for all of you friends in Springfield... I'm so teaching you because I love this game and I am not going another three years without it...So be prepared! ;)
I had a headache pretty much all day, but I never take pain medication for it because it usually goes away, well something happened in my body and it took a drastic turn for the worse.  While I was at Rachel and Jared's my headache developed into the worst headache I've ever experienced in my life.  My eyes hurt and I felt nauseous I can't really explain it.  We were outside on the porch watching the storm and every time there was a flash of lightening, I thought I was going to die. I didn't even know if I could drive home.  Well, I did, in the pouring rain and fog on back roads that have no street lamps.  Totally safe.  Haha.  Well, I made it to my grandma's house in one piece and went straight to bed.  This morning I feel SOOOOO  much better! Although i still feel a little funny behind my eyes, but thank the Lord it's not as bad as last night.  I never want that to happen again.  I am currently wearing my glasses because that may have had something to do with it. 

Funny Story
I can't really remember what all happened this week, it's kind of been a whirlwind of a week.  But I did want to share this story....
So, my mom and I were driving back from Canton on the highway and this guy in a white truck was weaving in and out of traffic and was trying to get in front of my mom.  My mom said, "he's going to get up here and have to slam on his breaks, I'm going as fast as the car in front of me."  Sure enough, that's what happened.  The white truck guy had to slam on his breaks.  Well, the car in front of him was slowing way down to get into a turning lane.  You could tell that white truck guy was not very happy, I don't blame him.  He stuck his arm out of the car window as he passed the slow driver, now in the turn lane.  I fully expected him to flip the guy off.  Nope.  He instead, gives the man a thumbs down. I died laughing.  Who does that?? It's a great alternative though. Lol.
Job
As far as my job situation goes.  There is none.  The job that I was promised didn't exactly work out, so I'm not quite sure what is going to happen.  It's kinda hard when all of my friends are telling me of their multiple job opportunities that the Lord is blessing them with, and I'm stuck here with nothing and no options.    I'm just trusting that the Lord has his hand on the situation and is orchestrating opportunities even at this very moment.  All I can do is trust.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thumbs down? That is hilarious!! I literally laughed!!! lol In my head I can hear you laughing to that!
p.s. I love fruit salsa!!!

Swidget 1.0 2

Listen to Refreshing


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones