Sunday, April 10, 2011

I bought a mac.

For those of you who know me at all, the title of this post might have caused you to pass out, or be in a state of shock.  I still hyperventilate periodically and find myself calming an anxious heart with deep breaths.
I hate macs.  I hate that at one false move of the mouse, all the screens fly away, and other screens pop up, oh my word.  My anxiety level is peeking just thinking about it! No hot corners for me! And all I really want in life is a right click button. That's all.  Just a trusty little button that my right ring finger can hit and I'm guaranteed a little menu full of options and commands.  I would rather not have to figure out morse code on the key pad to get things to happen.
So, why did I end up purchasing a Mac?
I honestly cannot give you an answer for that.  I'm still curious myself.  
I spent two hours talking to the guy at best buy last night.  Poor guy.  I would have punched me.  But he didn't.  He just stood there with a smile on his face telling me the same things over and over as I asked the same questions over and over and debated back and forth on what to do. (I'm definitely calling in and giving him a good review.)  Why do I have to be such a bad decision maker?
I think I would be ok if I could just go in and buy a computer.  Like a book or CD or piece of clothing.  No, I have to buy protection plans and anti virus software and programs so that the thousand dollars I just spent isn't useless.
 I've never been and fan of technology and I'm still not really.  I'm still not a mac fan either.  I am thankful that I've had this thing for a little over 12 hours, and I have not chucked it across the room. yet.
Last night on my way home from the computer store, I took a detour to Evangel.  I was freaking out, my heart was pounding and I needed moral support. I went directly to my friend Courtney's door, held up the box with the little apple on it and oh man! Do I wish I had a camera ready to capture her facial expression!!! It may have looked something like this...cybernesco060400015.jpg for at least 10 minutes....

  I sat on Courtney's bed just holding the computer in my lap.  After an hour, I mustered up enough courage to open it. Another hour went by, and I finally found it in me to press the little power button.  I have a mac book.  Woah.
A small miracle did occur last night.  Forty five minutes into our conversation, the guy at Best Buy surprised me, and himself, when he remembered that there was a mac book that was discounted 100 dollars.! the people bought it just the day before, but decided they wanted a bigger one, so I got the discount! Yay Jesus! :)  (oh my, He's been doing MARVELOUS things in my life, I will be posting on shortly! He is so good!)  Anyways, I took that as a sign that I should get the MAC and here we are. Hopefully this is a good experience for both of us... The Mac and I.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 2

Listen to Refreshing


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones